Monday, December 19, 2005

What a Bears game!!


Man, oh, man, what a great game! It is so great to root for the team you grew up with. With all the drought years, I stuck in there. I was still a fan last year at 5-11. I always have my Bears wallhanging up. That was one of the first things I put up on the wall in the new apartment.

I have been a Bears fan forever. I remember watching Walter Payton just fly over the endzone. I had just turned 12 when the 1985 Bears beat the Patriots 46-10. I remember that season. I remember that the only game they lost was against Dan Marino's Dolphins. I remember loving hard hitting and defense.

This may not be a Superbowl Shuffle year, but they have a great chance. They have a better chance than that one a couple of years or so ago when they got a first-round bye in the playoffs and then lost that first game rather handily.

They just beat the Atlanta Falcons 16-3. You know Vick is explosive and they contained him. The drama with Rex Grossman coming in and then leading the team with some real offense was needed and appreciated.

Could this be the year? Twenty years later? Superbowl XX and then Superbowl XL?

No comments: