Monday, December 19, 2005

Morning

This morning I woke up and thought I was dreadfully late for something. I turned over and saw that my Superman alarm clock would chime in a couple of minutes. I was frantic. Did that clock say 6 o’clock? It did? I’m late!

Then I realize that I don’t have volleyball practice. The season’s done. I am, if anything, early. I am still up before everyone.

I take my morning shower. I know why I am such an early riser. I had to be, growing up. I have two sisters. The only way to get a bathroom in the morning was to beat them to it.

I make coffee and hear the faint rumblings of life coming into the apartment. Morgan’s alarm clock blares. Madison sleepily drags her blanket down the hallway. I can hear a “Hi, Daddy” come out around the chewpy (her nickname for a pacifier, where that came from I have no clue) in her mouth.

Amy still slumbers a bit. She has to go in for a bunch of meetings at work later this afternoon. She also is going to run to the store because I forgot the staff Secret Santa gift. She’s awesome.

Now I have to go to school and find out which copier is working so I can make copies for the day of classes. I don’t have a book or a set curriculum so I pretty much gather some stuff together in order to teach. They have to have some kind of written work. I wish I had a prescribed curriculum. Today, we are going over nouns and watching a cheesy video on it. In my fourth period class, I have to find some kind of primary work to keep them busy.

Christmas break is almost here. Two weeks off. Ahhh. It’s times like this that it is good to be a teacher.

No comments: