Saturday, December 17, 2005

Elder Mentoring


Our assistant principal, who is also native, has elders from the area come in to help troubled kids. She sends us these inspirational emails with their wisdom.

Fred Tocktoo shared his wisdom yesterday. He said,

When I was growing up, my Mom and Dad were putting away the harpoon,
the bow and arrow and the sailboat. I got a chance to learn how to
live before the modern times.

My generation grew up in a different way. You are naturally with
respect, born with it. To do a good deed daily, say thank you,
always remember these things. It followed me through my school days.
Whenever you feel like talking, talk to your best friend, talk to a
teacher. It’s like getting rid of a heavy backpack. If you need to
give off steam, talk. Talk instead of being forceful. Apologize.
Make a habit of saying polite things, good morning, do you need help.

You don’t have to go to school grouchy. Always remember to say
thank you. Do a good deed daily. You will always remember when you grow older. Be kind, always try to help, say thank you and please.

No comments: