Friday, December 16, 2005

Fair






One of the other teachers had this kind of fair in the RC today for social studies. The nice thing was that the students got to be out and about. I wish that all of us teachers had been more a part of this as a unit or a theme that we could have done all together. We need more collaborative time as professionals. The kids can excel.

With this fair today, I basically shelved my lesson plan because of the interruption. Instead, we wrote some poetry. We did something called Two-Tone Poetry where the student chooses two colors that represent him or her. Some of them came off wonderfully. I was flooredby some of the great similes and metaphors that they were supposed to come up with. Some of them from students that I thought I wouldn't get anything out of. I have to gather it together and reproduce it here, and in a published format at school.

No comments: