Thursday, November 30, 2006

White Knuckler

I am not looking forward to taking off to Kotzebue today. Gusts of wind today are upwards of 40 mph and yesterday they were even looking to canceling school today. I don't mind flying, but it is the takeoffs and landings I hate. And actually, I have had much better rides on these smaller planes than I ever had on the major airlines. That last flight back into Nome on Alaska Airlines, the one coming back from our Ninilchik trip, was one of the worst landings I have ever been through. I've flown now dozens of times, but I still hold my rosary and say my Hail Marys on the takeoffs and landings.

We also have a pep assembly at school today and I'll have to introduce the volleyball team. I'm trying to think up a joke but I can't come up with anything.

No comments: