Friday, July 07, 2006


The other night the first disc for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA came from Netflix. I had not seen it yet on Sci-Fi Channel. I just never got around to it, maybe because I was worried that it would be too cheesy like the original 1970s show. I LOVED IT. It was absolutely spectacular. This is the original mini-series, as it was called, before it became a regular series. I was riveted to the screen. For the first time in quite a while, a movie kept me up past 2 am because I liked it so much. I caught myself saying, "Oh, shit," when the Cylons were attacking. I caught myself awestruck at the sheer intelligent brutality with which the Cylons were attacking the humans. I never thought it was silly or cheesy. If anything, every moment of it was true to life, as if this is what would actually happen. This was an absolutely phenomenal show. And writer Peter David, who recently completed a novel set in the Battlestar Galactica universe, said that this show is probably the best show on television, just unfortunately named after its 1970s predecessor. What I am really psyched for now is that I have two season of the series to watch, as Season Three starts soon. Wow. I have never been so enthralled by a show in a long time.

No comments: