Monday, February 21, 2005

Voltron comic situation

Emailing every single address at devilsdue.net to get an answer on Voltron, I finally got one. Here it is:

store@devilsdue.net wrote:> Matt -> > This link might be be able to answer your question.> http://www.devilsdue.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17192> > "Voltron #11 is the last issue that will be coming> out for long time and> possibly forever.> > Steps were taken and some corners were cut to try> and keep this book viable,> but it finally slipped to the point where it wasn't> even breaking even. Despite> that we kept it going for a bit to see what would> happen with the addition of> the Waid story, but the numbers just weren't there.> > So, we've had to put the book on hiatus.> > It's unclear how long it'll stay that way, but I'm> keeping my fingers crossed> that it'll be back before too long."> > > Store Manager> Devil's Due> > >

This was my reply to this email from "store":

Thank you for getting back to me. I just wish there was some way of notifying readers on the last issue, especially right in the middle of a story arc. Is there any way this might be a back up feature somewhere else?
And what happened to Micronauts?
I can tell you this, as a long time comic reader, it makes me weary to try a new company, especially a new company's superhero universe that they are trying to do when issues get cancelled without notice. Why should I try your superhero universe when I'm not ever sure if there is going to be another issue?
Matt

This was my initial email:

What the hell happened to the Voltron comic???> > Matt>

Going to that link provided, here is what it said:

Voltron #11 Preview is up and ...
Hey all .... you can find the preview to #11 here.Unfortunately, it's my sad duty to let you all know that this is the last issue that will be coming out for long time and possibly forever.Steps were taken and some corners were cut to try and keep this book viable, but it finally slipped to the point where it wasn't even breaking even. Despite that we kept it going for a bit to see what would happen with the addition of the Waid story, but the numbers just weren't there.So, we've had to put the book on hiatus.It's unclear how long it'll stay that way, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be back before too long.I apologize for breaking this news just before the holidays, but I wanted to let you guys know as soo as I could so you weren't kept wondering.take care gang,crank

No comments: