Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Page 123

My friend had this post so I thought I would put in my two cents...

From Brian Fauth by way of Texas Biscuit by way of Bella by Barlight:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

This is what I found:

"They hugged one another.
The small child went and sat on the lap of the old woman, and she rocked him and rubbed her cheek against his.
Jonas opened his eyes and lay contentedly on the bed."
--The Giver by Lois Lowry
My ninth graders will be reading it in a couple of months. Great book.


Brian's site

No comments: