Monday, February 21, 2005

Voltron comic situation part III

I got another repsonse from Devil's Due comics.

Greetings Matt,Yup, I completely understand as an avid comic book reader myself. It is a shamethat both books had to be canceled, but I know that DDP did keep the booksgoing for many issues + did not make any money on them in a valient effort tokeep them alive. But, I'm sure you know, people + utilities need paid, and youcan't keep a business running that supports employees w/ families when yourproduct is runnig in the red. Comics are a much different business for ussmaller companies, and we are trying not to fall prey to the same problems asother companies, ie. CrossGen, Dreamwave + more.The catch to that thinking Matt, is if you don't pick up the book - it may notbe there in the future directly because of low readership. So it's a gamble Iguess, but I myself love to read to read + I'll read as long as the book is out+ enjoy it as long as I can. Hopefully you feel that way too. I know that DDPwant's their Aftermath line to be around for a good long time. Only the readerscan make this happen. If you haven't checked out Defex, Infantry, Breakdown orBlade of Kumori, I highly suggest them! Especially if you liked Voltron, Ithink you might enjoy Defex + Breakdown.Thank you for all of your past support Matt + I hope you Keep Reading!!!Store ManagerDevil's Duehttp://www.devil-dealer.bigstep.com/

My only real response to this is that I love to read and read but I wish the stories that I'm reading would at least finish themselves. For Voltron to stop in the middle of a storyline is poor fan management. One more issue, at least to tie up loose ends and say, "That's it" is all I really wanted.

I've had favorite comics cancel on me before. But at least they had "Last issue" emblazoned across the cover.

No comments: