Monday, February 21, 2005

The New Mutants Annual #3: A Review

Since I have no other outlet for reviewing old and new comics, this seems as good a place as any. I may as well tell the thin air these thoughts since no one else in the immediate vicinity is into the same stuff I am into. I am currently re-reading almost all of my old comics and I would love to record my thoughts on them. Who knows--maybe this will act as a sort of journal for my daughters and other descendants as they try to put together a story about my life and hobbies. They might.

The New Mutants Annual #3 from 1987 pitted Warlock versus the Impossible Man in a fun little contest on their changing ability. For a summer annual, this was absolutely perfect. It includes many inside jokes and references to the rest of the Marvel Universe. I think this is one of my favorites of the series. You have to love writer Chris Claremont. He really knows how to take characters and give them personalities in stories that don't mean a big deal to the Marvel Universe but these stories help you care about the characters later on. This was a fun read.

No comments: