Sunday, August 05, 2007

McLean County Fair

Today was fun. I wish I had remembered my bloody camera. We went to the McLean County Fair about noon for all-you-can-ride wristband day.

It was hot and muggy though, 90+ degrees. At one point, we thought poor Madison had heat stroke. She is just not made for hot weather. But she had a ton of fun on a bunch of rides. She got to ride all of those kiddie rides that we parents usually say no to. The boring train rides? They don't seem worth it unless you're riding on the wristband. She went on everything she could. She had a blast with Morgan on the Pumpkin ride, sort of like a tilt-a-whirl. I can't stand those spinny rides. I remember getting sick on the tilt-a-whirl up at Old Chicago (when that was still around) when I was younger and went with my Uncle Dan. I still remember being able to see the Old Chicago dome out our kitchen window when we lived on Walnut Circle in Bolingbrook.

We got to see lots of animals. Horses, cows, goats, even a strangely small white camel that was at the little petting zoo. We ate big-ass pork tenderloin sandwiches, curly fries, onion rings, and, of course, funnel cake.

It was so super hot that we left about 3 pm, when it got noticeably more crowded as well. We came home and went into the pool at the apartment complex here. That really helped cool us off.

So it was a great day. I just wish I had remembered my blasted camera!

No comments: