Saturday, November 26, 2005


I haven't written in a while because I have been busy.

I had to finish my German film class. I just put together a final paper and final exam questions that were blah at best. They got the job done. That took a lot of time because every second I sat down I knew I had to work on that.

Big issues with volleyball this week that have overtaken my time. Can't even go into it because I don't know how many Nome readers come here (can't be much). And regionals in Barrow are this coming weekend and we will probably have to go to State the next weekend in Anchorage because there are two playoff berths for only three teams which I just do not understand.

And I have to come up with something at work with the curriculum director for a real writing program. I feel like I could do it but there have to be already published and proven writing curriculums out there. Why am I reinventing the wheel?

But thank God I have this family. You know, it makes the days worthwhile. The nights don't seem so long. The reason to get out of bed and get to work is right there next to me.

I have been reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke to Morgan a chapter a day. Just having her sitting next to me and making predictions about what is going to happen is wonderful.

Madison is busy but there is nothing in the world that I enjoy more than brushing the hair out of her eyes. She is learning by leaps and bounds every day and she makes me be good, to be a better man and father and someone to live up to. You should have heard it today when we were at the store and I pointed to a character alarm clock. I asked, "Who's that?" and she proudly shouts out, "Superman!"

Amy is the light in my life. She keeps me grounded. She talks deep thoughts with me and indulges me when I talk about comics or geek stuff. She may not like it, but she lets me stay a kid. I hold her and we are compatible. I talk with her and she is my best friend.

When it all comes down to it, I rush home after work. I want to get home to these people. I never run off or have other things to do. They make the world bearable.

They are the magic in my life.

No comments: