Sunday, October 23, 2005

At least we took two

The Nome volleyball team couldn't pull it out tonight. We lost the
first game in a big loss 25-11. We managed to come back and win the
next two games. Then we lost the fourth game and seemed out of it for
the 15-point fifth game.

At least we took two games this time. I don't mind getting beaten, as
long as we play hard and to the best of our abilities. We did that
today. Last night we didn't, but we did that today.

We have been treated so well here in Barrow. I have had three square
meals a day that have to be making me fatter. We have had the athletic
director be our own personal guide around Barrow. We have had snacks
every night brought to us by the other team. I have my own room with TV
every night. It has felt like a five-star hotel. The only thing I'm
missing is my family.

We go home tomorrow about 3pm. I will actually get to watch most of the
football games first.

No comments: