Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The son of an Englishman who went up a mountain but came down a hill this time

So they show me up today.

There has been a field trip planned to take a hike up Anvil Mountain. It got rained out on Friday. So we went today. How did I know we would take the hard way again? The same way that I went up yesterday? We did. So now my accomplishment of yesterday is dobuled. Although, taking the entire 7th and 8th grade classes with us kind of diminishes it. I made it again. A dozen stragglers didn't. One kid puked coming up the mountain. Even kids were resting. So there's no shame to my taking breathers. It was actually interesting to share the moment with the other teachers and the students. To be honest, I was wondering about this field trip after yesterday. I thought it might be a little dangerous for junior high. I can't believe we went. It was hard to get permission to go ANYWHERE in my other districts. We get to go up a mountain here at Nome. So now we get to go back to class, last four periods of the day. I am making them do a 10-minute non-stop freewrite, so I am doing it too.

No comments: