Friday, April 29, 2005

First Masters Class

My first Masters class was an outright success! I got an A! I got an A! Granted, it was a 90% and I did only average on my final paper but I pulled out an A! On my final paper, which I will post later, I received 165 out of 200 points, an 82.5%. Not bad. I knew it wasn't my best work and at one point, after over ten hours straight with it, I actually stopped and said, "That's good enough." I wish I could see the teacher's comments on it, though.

That's another thing I've always been good at. Working the class. I am an exceptional student, mostly from the standpoint that I present myself to the teacher and do a little more than the required minimums. During the month, we had discussions to post online where you had to respond to a minimum of two or three other students' work. I always responded to at least five. This boosted my points for that area. I really think he set my grade where he did on my paper because if it had been two points lower, I would have missed the A-. Present yourself well during the term and it reaps rewards at the end. This has always worked.

Next class is Multicultural Literature in America, or something like that.

No comments: