Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Eyes

I went to get an eye checkup last night. Now I know why I don't go every year.

First of all, I hate eye drops. They don't have that puffer machine that tests for glaucoma here in Nome. They do it with drops. That's also one of the reason I don't get contacts--can't stand anything getting in my eyes, let alone poking them.

Second, they had to dilate my eyes with drops. Several hours of harsh reaction to bright light and not being able to read anything followed. I couldn't focus on anything.

It wasn't too bad, but it's like a dental appointment. You gotta go but you don't want to sit through it.

I ordered new glasses because this backup pair I'm wearing is starting to fall apart. I actually have tape over the left frame connection to the arm. And I hate spending the money, even with my vision plan.

Won't get the glasses for two weeks though. They aren't made here.

No comments: