Friday, January 13, 2006

Wife out of the House

Amy got her new job! She got that supervisor position at the bank. She won't be just a regular teller. All those years of managing the salons finally paid off. Amy said she has to be respectable now.

She flies out today for her training in Anchorage. She will be gone until Tuesday. Man, I'm gonna miss her. At least I will have the kids to keep me company. The tables are turned now--instead of me flying off to coach volleyball, she is flying off to learn her new trade.

I am so proud of her. She trudged through that grocery store position. She said she felt like a salmon swimming upstream. She would work really hard and then find herself down at the bottom of the river again, having to overcome some of the people who interfere with getting the job done. She is finally in that professional position that she deserves.

This weekend as I watch the kids, I will be producing my new syllabus for the upcoming second semester. One of the aides is a lifeguard and I am going to work out a reward system that if students get in their major project each month that they will get to go swimming one day. I have to start using these rewards.

I also plan on having more fun second semester. I am going to start out with memorization of a Shakespeare speech, that lesson that went so very well last year with the ninth graders. They can do it in middle school. I will also be planning our research paper for March. I will be using that Poetry 180 website by Billy Collins in February too.

Lots to do. And missing Amy on top of it.

No comments: