Sunday, January 15, 2006

Cold here

Man, is it cold here in Nome today. The high is only supposed to get up to -7 degrees. Last night, I watched the Weather doohickey on my computer (that Konfabulator program now owned by Yahoo) go all the way down to -22. That's not even with the slight wind.

Amy is doing fine in Anchorage. I think she likes the fact that she is on a business trip, a real business trip. She deserves it so much. She's so smart that she has to do something intelligent. She called this morning. She said that the president of the bank liked her. She is excited because Sunday is her one free day down there, 539 miles away, and she gets to go to the mall and maybe Wal-Mart today. She brought two suitcases, one big one empty that she fit the smaller one into, so that she can bring back some shwag and goodies. Everything is slightly cheaper in Anchorage than it is in Nome.

We are just hanging out here today. I am watching the football games (predicted both outcomes yesterday!), and going to root for the Bears! I will take a couple of hours this evening and look over the calendar for second semsester.

I am going to start second semester with some Shakespeare recitation. I believe it will work well with the poetry that the other language arts teachers and I will be doing in February. Plus, I had such a great time with it last year. Best lesson I ever did. Most success I have ever seen. Most of the students absolutely shined. I was so proud of them.

Then in March, I am going to work on research papers. Real ones with MLA and all that. Kids will step it up if I have high expectations. I know they will. I believe in that.

We will stay warm inside today. Go Bears!

No comments: