Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Move

The MOVE TO NOME is getting closer. We officially fly out the night of August 14th and arrive at a decent 9 o'clock in the morning in Nome, with a six-hour layover in Anchorage. We can have a nice breakfast there before takeoff. Nome is about 3,500 miles from Seattle so it seems to be a long flight.

We are finishing up stuff here at the apartment. We are boxing up stuff to send by mail, actually. Media mail is cheap and parcel post for the clothes is cheaper than putting it on as cargo.

Amy's a little mad at me for bringing two comic boxes--down from SIX, I might add, so that's not bad for me. She just doesn't understand this stupid little obsession of mine. I have collected and read comics pretty much my whole life. I remember buying each and every one of them, for Pete's sake. So I am boiling it down to two boxes. (Hey, by media mail, it only costs about $15 to ship a big box of comics, so I don't feel too bad.)

We are actually getting new furniture. Amy has been searching online sites to ship new bedding and chairs and stuff. They may not be top of the line, but they will be great. It will feel like a frontier adventure for a while.

Nome. Here I come.

No comments: