Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Big Trip

As I write this, Morgan is in the Anchorage Ted Stevens Airport. She will take off for Nome within the hour to spend three weeks with her best friends and the family.

Boy, what a long weekend. We left yesterday, Saturday, to eat dinner at my mom's so we could stay the night and be closer to O'Hare. We had to wake up before 4 am to get her to her 8 am flight to Seattle. That construction on Route 88, especially near Route 83, is one hell of a mess.

She should have a great trip. I still count time by my 1984 vacation to my grandparents in California, during the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. I saw a torch runner in Paso Robles! That trip meant everything to me, one of the best times of my life. Morgan will think that about this adventure.

I asked her and hopefully she'll remember--she is supposed to email me a daily trip summary of what she did. I hope to share it.

No comments: