Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Vacation in Nome

Morgan is going someplace not regularly on the summer vacation circuit: Nome, Alaska.

She leaves in about a month, for a nice three-week stay with her absolute best friends of all time, Dawn and CC. She misses them so much. She still keeps in contact, what with the wonders of IMing and all-in-one long distance service. I've never kept in such good contact with friends.

To be honest, that was the hardest part of our moving away. Morgan basically found sisters in these two, they were so close.

So Morgan could look forward to an event like one below, Dawn standing on a mound of snow.

But look at the two of them there--they are just like each other. The three of them get along spectacularly.

I remember about the same age, maybe a little younger, I went on one of the best trips of my life. In 1984, I spent a month with my grandparents in California. It was fantastic and one of the most memorable events in my life.

Morgan will have fun in Nome, Alaska.




No comments: