Thursday, September 21, 2006

Volleyball Varsity Posted

The hardest part to being the coach is making cuts.

After working for three solid nights of practice, I was able to determine who the twelve girls to keep on Varsity were. It is such a hard decision. Usually, the first ten are pretty easy to pick out. When you reach that eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth area, they can almost blur together. However, there is always something that separates them somehow.

So I posted the list on my classroom door at 3:00 pm sharp, the second school got out. Boy, was there a throng of girls gathered down that corridor at that time! Since 38 girls showed up for tryouts on those three nights, I think they were all just about down the corridor at that time.

I am confident with my selections though. And I am so excited to be working so much closer to Varsity this year with our practice being in the morning and JV being in the afternoon. I will really make a good coaching connection with them.

No comments: