Monday, June 26, 2006

Picture of Dorian Gray

I recently read The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde online. Yes, actually online. It wasn't bad at all. My eyes didn't seem to get as heavy since my hand was moving the cursor arrows or mouse-wheel anyway. And I was always sitting straight up and not lying on my back like I usually read a book. I read a chapter a day, about ten pages. I never read it before. After League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and the fact that I have an English degree, I thought I should read it for myself. I enjoyed it. Most of it is told in dialogue. That’s all right because there isn’t much action in it really, only psychological thinking.

“He got up, and locked both doors. At least he would be alone when he looked upon the mask of his shame. Then he drew the screen aside,and saw himself face to face. It was perfectly true. The portrait had altered.”

No comments: