Monday, April 10, 2006

While the cat's away...

Amy leaves town tonight for a few days. She is going to Anchorage for a work seminar. She is learning to become a full-fledged banker. I am taking care of the kids until she comes back on Friday. That's longer than it seems when it is during the week.

Last night for instance, Madison did not take a nap and she finally fell asleep at 6:30 pm. We thought we'd let her try to make it through the night. No dice. She woke up a little after midnight, thinking it was a new day. I managed to get her to sleep about an hour later again, but that means I didn't go to sleep until after 1:00 am. Waking up at six, that makes me awfully tired.

I can manage, although we really miss her when she's gone. It ain't the same without her. In fact, we spend most of the time just plain missing her.

Morgan and I played RISK on a good old board at the kitchen table this weekend. It was a lot of fun. I now dominate the entire world, by the way.

No comments: