Friday, May 20, 2005

Cloning Human Stem Cells

I don't know about anybody else, but I am all for stem cell research.

The article I read states that they are able to create these cells without taking them from actual embryos. That's a step forward over the pundits that say that using the embryonic stem cells is akin to killing someone. This is not playing Frankenstein. This is creating the best possible method for making new cells for those living whose cells need a fix. These stem cells have the ability to become any cell. Apparently, scientists can help diseases and conditions that have no other method. I don't think you can debate this religiously.

(You know, I think I have always been pro-death, basically. I am for the death penalty, for euthanasia when necessary, and pro-choice on abortion.)

No comments: