Wednesday, July 22, 2009

An Obituary for a Gamecube

Yeah, I know it's old, but we still had a Nintendo Gamecube. It was still awesome and a great gaming platform. It had Mario Kart for Pete's sake.

No, it didn't die from use or anything. It disappeared.

We moved recently, right? Well, we hired a couple of guys to help us get that heavy stuff down those three flights of stairs. I couldn't do it alone. I am not the strapping young lad I once was. We paid Labor Ready for a couple of guys to help us load up the truck. Turns out, it was a great use of money. Otherwise, we probably still would be moving bits and pieces.

I packed the Gamecub almost last. I was in the middle of like my tenth season in franchise mode for Madden 2007. I packed the console and the twenty or so games in a small white box and wrote "Nintendo" on the outside in magic marker.

I think one of those two guys walked off with it.

I am not 100% sure, mind you. I am 99.8% sure. It's been three weeks and we have not come across the box. There simply is just no other place it can be. We are all unpacked now. Plus, I have deliberately searched for the Gamecube alone. I'm off for the summer; I have time.

Maybe one of those guys thought it was a Wii or something. I would love to have seen his face when he opened it and said, "Damn, it's only a Gamecube."

And I gave those guys a healthy tip too. They earned that money, that's for sure, but they didn't earn my Gamecube.

So goodbye Gamecube. And Matt Butcher, Running Back for the Chicago Bears ho broke every single rushing record in NFL history on that Madden 2007 franchise, is retiring in peace.

No comments: