Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bye Bye Birdie

I was asked to help choose the cast for the Midland High School musical for 2008. The production this year will be Bye Bye Birdie, of which I know very little about the original. I was honored to be asked to help, as this is important to me that others recognize my valuable input. I was absolutely honored that the musical director asked me. Last night was the first of two audition nights.

And it was my privilege to listen to the auditions. I was floored and amazed at the quality of stuff the students were presenting, all of them. I really admired a lot of their readings for the parts. There are also some amazing singers. It will be hard final decisions for the director. With such a great turnout for auditions, it should be hard to decide, but that means also that it will be a stellar performance come March.

Lots of fun.

No comments: