Sunday, October 10, 2004

Football coaches

Put me in, coach. I'm ready to play.

I just watched the Seattle Seahawks lose a 17 point lead in the last 6 minutes of the fourth quarter. 17 points. The Rams had no timeouts left. What does Coach Holmgren do? Throw the ball. Not run down the clock, but throw the ball.

Hello? Too many things can happen--1)incomplete pass, stopping the clock, or even worse 2) interception. I would take my chances and run off AT MINIMUM one minute and thirty seconds by running three straight running plays and then kicking the ball away. Holmgren let them throw incomplete passes and left WAY too much time up on the clock.

And even if they score one touchdown, you are still ahead by ten. Holmgren even went into some prevent defense when pressure was working all day.

What I want to say is that this is not Madden 2005 at the rookie level. You only throw there because you simply can't miss and you want to see if you can score 100 points in four quarters. This is the NFL. Manage the freakin clock. I could do that. And all I play is Madden.

No comments: