Friday, May 06, 2005

Anchorage Interview

Things went well on the Anchorage School District telephone interview. Phone interviews have to be the hardest though. There is none of that personal interaction that takes place in regular interviews. No handshake, eye contact. Pausing seems to be an eternity on the phone.

It was nice to get the first phone interview out of the way. I expected some of the questions and answered truthfully and with teacher-speak on what you're supposed to do. I think I impressed her with my classroom management and re-assessment tactics. The only question I really stumbled on was: "What are three priorities you have in your classroom?" Ummm, learning? No, I talked about imparting an understanding of the subject matter, why it was important, and making sure students hit the grade level expectations.

Anchorage has five high schools. I didn't know that. I will find out what to expect with Anchorage within this month because they still need to look at attrition and turnover. Positions should arise, she said.

So 3:00 pm will bring Nome calling.

No comments: