Thursday, May 19, 2005

Star Wars prequels

As I keep thinking about it this week, knowing all us 32 year old guys that were 4, 7, and 10 when the life-changing Star Wars trilogy came out are thinking, the prequels are only good for one really cool reason.

The Phantom Menace is simply setting up Palpatine to be in charge of the Senate. The whole movie is a ploy for that and that alone. Everything else is secondary. This is like a chess master commanding every aspect of the board. For that alone, it is brilliant. Everything else is secondary.

The Attack of the Clones gives Palpatine even more power. The plan is set in motion.

I think I have been looking way too much at the little things. Maybe I should take another look at the overall chess master strategy that is Star Wars...

I just wish that Lucas does another trilogy...or gives it to someone else to do...

No comments: